Have swelling, itching and rashes around neck and face. Taking teczine and applied flutibact but no help. Suggest?

Dec 2013

I am having swelling, itching and rashes around my neck and face since last Friday.I am taking Teczine tablet and applying Flutibact. There has been no cure so far.
Please suggest a cure for this immediately.
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry you will be alright in few days

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX

I can understand your concern for the rash over neck and face since 3 days.

After reading your problem I can make out the best possibility of "Irritant/ Contact dermatitis" or in simple words allergy to contact of some irritant material on face and neck.

To explain you elaborately about the possible condition - Due to exposure to any irritant material such as any creams or new cosmetic product or sometimes anything coming in contact with the areas can cause the problem. So there can be initial redness and itching with mild pain sensation. As we scratch it or due to exposure to environmental factors such as sunlight, sweating dust and hot humid climate, it can get aggravated.

Even in some cases sunlight itself can act as main factor causing rash. This is a quite simple problem which we see in our day to day practice and persist for only the time till the aggravating factor is present. So the most important part in your management is avoidance of the aggravating factor enumerated all above.

For the betterment kindly follow the suggestions below:

1. Avoid direct sunlight and hot – humid climate.

2. Wear cotton clothes and avoid synthetic clothes.

3. Stay in cool environment(preferably AC) and avoid sweating.

4. Take two time bath once in morning and at night time which will soothe your skin and prevent the aggravation of the problem

5. Do not Pinch pop or squeeze or rub any area.

6. Do not use any deodorants or any cosmetics over and near the affected area.

7. Do cold compression over the affected area. Take a wet towel soaked in cold water and apply it for 5-10 minutes for 3-4 times a day.

For the part of treatment kindly follow the suggestions below:

1. Apply over the counter available calamine lotion on the affected area in day and afternoon time. Apply it in very thin layer.

2. Apply plane Mometasone cream in a thin layer in morning and at night time. Apply in a very thin layer so that it should not be visible to naked eye. You can apply it for 7 days and then stop it after that.

3. If there is any irritation or itching is present then can take tablet “Loratadine” or "Deslotatadine" tablet by mouth up to three to four times also if the itching is more.

Even then, for the best possibility of the problem it would be better if you can upload a close picture of the area with good resolution. For that you have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your further queries. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia).

I hope these information's will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology)