Have swelling in liver and urine bladder. What is the required treatment?

Good

Urologist
Question
Hi ,

My father has swelling in Liver and Urine bladder , I am sharing the prescription please help me with a second opinion and treatment suggestions.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 18 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX
Sure, kindly furnish the details of the disease and list of medicines.

DR GS

Follow-up: Have swelling in liver and urine bladder. What is the required treatment? 10 minutes later
Dear Sir,

I am attaching the reports ,

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 12 hours later

Welcome back. I am unable to see the reports in my dashboard.
Can you upload them or if there is difficulty, kindly speak to the concerned people to get it done.

Regard
DR GS

Follow-up: Have swelling in liver and urine bladder. What is the required treatment? 2 hours later
Dear Sir,

Sincere apologies, somehow I was in assumption the reports are added. I would request your review over the reports attached for now also please do let me know for any more tests that might be helpful.

Thanks, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome back.
The tests are suggestive of infection in the urine. He needs antibiotics course.
By the way, i cant see the scan report on liver and bladder swelling.
If not done,pls do ultrasound scan of the abdomen and send it across.

Wishing him good health,

DR GS

Follow-up: Have swelling in liver and urine bladder. What is the required treatment? 7 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Thanks for response , I have now added the ultrasound report and yes as of local doctors they say it is an infection. He has been having pain in abdomen for like a month or so and recently it got worse.

He had fever day before yesterday and as shown in prescription he is on antibiotics, I am quiet concerned if there if the treatment and tests are alright or additionally few more tests would help in diagnosing the root cause and ruling out any surprises at later stage.

Once again I sincerely thankyou for all your help and inputs, shall look forward for your response.

Thanks, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Welcome back.

If the urine flow is less or does not improve with antibiotic course, he may need uroflowmetry/ascending urethrogram/Cystoscopy to look for obstruction in the urine passage/ enlarged prostate.

Wishing him good health,

DR GS