Have swelling in groin area. What could this be?

Jul 2016

The left side of my groin (sweat gland) is swollen and hurts a little bit. there is also a boil near it
please help
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 16 minutes later

Based on the facts that you have posted you may have what is called as Inguinal Bubo. This is an enlarged lymph node secondary to the boil that you have in the groin. I would advice you to visit your surgeon's clinic for careful physical examination. You may need a course of antibiotic like Augmentin along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac.

If it gets converted in to an abscess you may need to get it incised and drained.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.