Have swelling in feet and hands along with tingling. Take glucosamine and ginkoba for thinning cartillage. Advise?

Hello ,
my name is XXXXX XXXXXXX I have been experiencing swelling in my feet and hands for the past week off and on. I"ve been feeling a tingling sensation also. The only medicine I take are over the counter are vegetarian glucosamine and ginkoba for thinning cartillage in my right knee. Occasionally I take 800mg motrin for pain. What should I do.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 2 hours later

I am Dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

As of the information provided, I understand that you are having as swelling in feet and hands in past few weeks along with the tingling sensation. List of medication you are on currently are Glucosamine and Ginkoba for cartilage problems.

The swelling in hands and feet with a tingling sensation is as serious side effect form the "Ginkoba" - Please "STOP taking Ginkoba immediately" and if possible contact you primary care physician, and get it checked.

Please feel free to contact me in case of further questions/ concerns.