Have swelling in armpit, itchy body, shortness of breath and cloudy urine. On medication. Any thoughts?

Thank you. I would appreciate it. I have a concern about possible lymphoma and am trying not to panic like a first year med student as I read more about it it online, but I have 3 of what seem to be the signature type of symptoms: swelling in my right armpit, overall body itching, shortness of breath and just recently, cloudy urine which, when tested, is not a UTI with no presence of protein or blood. Any thoughts please?
Current medications: Nexium, Seroquel, Topamax, B-12, Advair
Diagnosed with small kidney stone in left kidney - no pain there
Recently diagnosed with 2 peptic ulcers which increased my Nexium from 20 to 40 - no H.pylori
Hiatal hernia
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

First of all I want to reassure you that the symptoms would you have described are not specific or diagnostic of lymphoma.

Regarding the swelling in your armpit this could be just some inflammation in the area of your lymph nodes. This would be expected to resolve within a couple of months if this is the case.

Changes in the urine are not associated with lymphoma. This might have to do with your hydration status. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids during the day and keep an eye on your urine to see if it gradually clears.

Shortness of breath is not always associated with them Phoma. The only possible way it would be associated with lymphoma would be in the case of a very advanced type of lymphoma where anemia would develop.

Generalized itching can be associated with some types of lymphomas but again is usually associated with advanced disease.

In order to help confirm what I suspect - that you do not have any type of lymphoma I would recommend that you see your doctor can perform a comprehensive physical examination and can check some blood tests to again confirm that you do not have anything to worry about her

Thanks again for cementing your question. Again I understand you are worried but I want to reassure you that I highly doubt that you have lymphoma. If you have additional concerns please let me know.

Dr. Robert