Have swelling from left testicle till pelvis. What can this be?

I have a left testical swollen to about the size of a XXXXXXX egg and my right one is the size of a grape.
The swelling is not just the testical but is swollen directly up to my pelvis. I can stand in front of the mirror and see if puffed out up past my penis.
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 49 minutes later
Dear patient,

There are many possibilities for testicular swelling, including hydrocele, epididimitis, orchitis, an inguinal hernia or a varicocele; the best thing to do is to have a provider with experience, most preferably an urologist, do a complete testicular examination, and he will likely order valuable tests to reach a specific diagnosis such as a urinalysis, culture and most importantly, a testicular ultrasound.

Hope this is a useful start, wish you the best,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN