Have swelling and soreness behind ear, taking Wellbutrin and Zoloft. Help

I have an isolated pain and swollen feeling behind my left ear. It is sore to the touch as well. I take Wellbutrin and Zoloft also. Can you help?
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 minutes later

The site and the symptoms you mention make me suspicious of you having Mastoiditis which could be secondary to middle ear infection.

I would like to know some more details to understand the condition better and advice you specifically.
Since when is the swelling an pain in the above mentioned area ?
Do you get fever?
Do you feel heaviness in the head ?
Do you have any history of pain in the ear or ear discharge in the past ?
Do you have any history of caries tooth ?

Waiting for your reply,

Follow-up: Have swelling and soreness behind ear, taking Wellbutrin and Zoloft. Help 31 minutes later
No fever. No tooth pain. My neck feels tight on the left and my scalp is sore to the touch in the isolated area behind my left ear.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 18 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for the information.

The condition appears to be nothing but Mastoid or middle ear involvement.

I suggest you to take Tab Motrin 400 mg twice daily after food for three days.

You may have to consult an ENT (Ear Nose and Throat ) specialist who after examination can confirm the fact and place you on specific antibiotics which are essential to treat such a problem.

Hot fomentation over the affected area also can provide some considerable relief.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.