Have swelling and cut on tip of foreskin and problem in retracting foreskin. Suggest?

Hello, I have swelling on the tip of my foreskin and minor vertical cuts (look like paper cuts). I noticed this 1 or so days ago after having sex with my only partner in the last 2 years. Retracting my foreskin is some what irritating and it when it does retract it feels tighter than before. Nothing abnormal with the actual penis head. Any advice? I already made an amppointment with my urologist. Should I keep retracting it even though it doesn't allow the minor cuts to heal?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gentle retraction is acceptable.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to the forum.
This is suggestive of inflammation of the foreskin and glans called balano-posthitis.
You need to clean the area during bath/showers by as gentle retraction as possible.
Apply anti-bacterial ointment like Mupirocin to the part thrice daily for three weeks.
In the long run, circumcision will be beneficial.
Wish you good health,

Follow-up: Have swelling and cut on tip of foreskin and problem in retracting foreskin. Suggest? 8 minutes later
This appeared this Monday. Should I be doing anything else. This has ever happened why do you think now?

How can I get the swelling down?
Should I avoid sex during these 3 weeks
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Better to avoid sex till it heals---

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,
I have already given you the answers. This can happen anytime to anybody.