Have swelling and burning in stomach. Colonscopy done. Any thoughts?

Sep 2012

My stomch has been swelling for the passed few weeks!! The pain is mostly on my right side and then a bit all over it feels like its burning and sticking like its being ripped apart!! Just had a colonscopy on thurdays and bowel is fine!! Have not been to Doc yet about stomch!!
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 16 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Look, your description indicates possibilities of acute cholecystitis or gastric ulcer or simple hyperacidity and indigestion.

Without proper clinical examination, it is very difficult to comment on it. But, you should do some more investigations like ultrasound scan of abdomen and upper gastrointestinal tract endoscopy if required.

For now, you have to take a pantoprazole group of anti-acidic agent regularly. An enzyme group of drug should also be taken.

You should take some light food every 2 hour. Do not fast for hours.

Lastly, consult with your treating doctor for a detailed clinical examination and for further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.