Have swelling and bad circulation in both legs. Should I continue calamine?

Jul 2012

Bad circulationa in both lower legs, Swelling. A few days ago I had felt some sharp pain like needles in the skin of my lower legs and later little ulcers, oozint and hurting like bees stinging. I used Calamine, and this helps a lttle. Should I continue?.
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 50 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX!
At 82, you are better off seeing your GP or dermatologist young man!
I would not meddle with a good thing so if the calamine lotion is helping you by all means do continue.
However, you do say the legs felt heavy & pain & pins & needles et al; hence my worry.
A doppler study of both legs would be my recommendation.
Take it forward from there!
Good Luck & wish you continued Good health & a Great life! Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India