Have sweaty and smelly feet. Tried hot water wash, Abzorb powder but no use. What is the cure?

Dec 2013

Hi Doctor, I had raised this query earlier about my sweaty & smelly feet. I have tried everything hot water wash, dusting with Abzorb powder,etc but no use. i was advised by Dr XXXXXXX to use aldry lotion. But, I am not getting this in any medical shop in Bangalore. Please help. Even if I wear open shoes it sweats.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly see the detailed mail Detailed Answer: Hi, I can understand your concern for the problem of sweaty and smelly feet. For a female it is even more distressing to get such kind of condition. Both sweating and smelling are interrelated to each other. More of sweating means more of smell at feet area. Nevertheless there are very few options available for the same.There is no any medical treatment which can reduce the sweating at its best. In my series of patients I suggest few important points. The most important of all is trying different of chemical products: 1. Alum can be used for foot bath. After proper soaking your feet in warm water, rub alum over the feet for 10 minutes. 2. You can use Vinegar for foot Baths - Take half cup of vinegar in a bucket or tub partially filled and dip in for 20-25 minutes 3. You can use baking soda in place of alum or vinegar in the same way as for vinegar. 4. A simple Salt Water Soak can do wonders in sweat and smelly feet. Be careful if you have any open cuts or sores on your feet. So do not follow it if you have any open abrasions. 5. WEar cotton socks and change it in every 3-4 hours. 6. Wear shoes or sleepers with cotton base. Change them frequently in day. Expose the shoes and sleepers to direct sunlight and open air. 7. Do Yoga and relaxing exercises to reduce stress. It is one of the very important cause of sweating. Regarding any of the medicated products, use them additionally according to need. I hope the information will help you. With regards, Dr Sanjay MD ( Dermatology)