Have superimposed complex tear of the posterior horn extending to the central root. Surgery needed?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have a superimposed complex tear of the posterior horn extending to the central root can u tell me what this is and does it require surgery
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 18 minutes later
It seems that you have an articular cartilage tear of your knee joint. Most of the times, such complex and complete tears do need an arthroscopic surgery.
If the tear is an old one then conservative treatment with rest, pain killers and adequate immoblisation can be tried. In case the conservative treatment fails then surgical correction is the only option.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.