Have sudden numbness and fiery tingly feeling in hip. Hip feels swollen and irritated skin. Suggest?

Dec 2012

I have sudden numbness and a fiery tingly feeling in my left hip. My hip flexor feels swollen but then my skin all around seems irritated ... Don't recall doing anything that would cause this ...should I go to the clinic?
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Observe for a day then go to clinic

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

This might just be a temporary situation that does not require any immediate medical attention. From your symptom, it seems it might be problems with compression of nerve probably the sciatic nerve maybe due to long sitting or could be of unknown cause. Either way, I feel you should allow another 48 hours to see how it develops. Normally you should feel better soon enough but if it persist or aggravates, do not wait up to 48 hours before going to the clinic.

Hope this helps.
Dr. Nsah