Have subscapularis tear in right shoulder plus rotator cuff tears. Having pain. Suggested exercise. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a subscapularis tear in many right shoulder plus rotator cuff tears. Many doctor sent me to this orthopaedic doctor. She said that because I have a know range of motion, she couldn't operate. I asked her that if I got my shoulder better with very painful exercises would she then repair the tears and blown subscapularis She said then that I probably wouldn't be it. This does not make sense. I need the pain repaired now. Tell me if what she says is true or recommend me a new doctor.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later

I have studied your case.

According to your history, it seems that you are having shoulder pericapsulitis [frozen shoulder]. Adhesion occurs between your shoulder joint capsule and gradually shoulder movement decreases .That may be reason that your shoulder movement are restricted.
You may be having both frozen shoulder with Yes she is right that if you don’t have passive shoulder movement ,rotator cuff repair cant be done.
Now as you said you will do exercise and achieve movement then rotator cuff repair can be done.

Even if you don’t get range of motion then also we can operate in form of shoulder hemiarthroplasty[partial joint replacement] and can achieve active shoulder movement.

Our patients of frozen shoulder usually get relief by analgesic and shoulder exercises and physiotherapy [ultrasound and short wave diathermy]
Some patients require arthroscopic adhesiolysis, a key hole procedure to free the adhesions in the joint, the last resort.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.