Have stye on eye. Treating with sea salt and hot water. Suggestions?

i have a stye or an assist right pratically on my tear duct the infection has gone away with eye medicated drops. But the assist is still there. I have been treating/applying it with sea salt and hot water with a face cloth is this a correct procedure for a cure. It has taken a long time now and i still have it (over 2 months) although it does not affect my vision any suggestions on how to get rid of this thing?
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 43 hours later

thanks for your concerns. so far you have done all the basic conservative measures to treat a stye; nevertheless, sometimes the inflammation becomes chronic and there is solidification of the stye (hordeolum) and it can take significantly longer to resolve; sometimes, to hasten recovery the "cyst" can be incised and curetage performed, of course, by an experienced physician

truly yours

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN