Have stuck nail with nail polish on it. Have metallic taste. Can I have contact dermatitis?

I have a few times stuck my nail in my mouth that has nail polish on it. I now occasionally but not all the time have a metallic taste in my mouth. I am also worried I may have some contact dermatitis (I've gotten this before in the spring because even touching my arm to my lips produces a burning sensation. I'm wondering what you recommend. I am aware that chemical sensitivity tracks very closely to anxiety and somataform like symptoms, so I'm trying not to worry too much.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 26 minutes later
Metalic taste in mouth might not be due to putting nail polish containing finger.
Probably you are taking some medication as metalic taste is one of the common side effects of many oral medications. You dont need to worry regarding this.
Yes contact dermatitis can occur, some people have hypersensitive skin. You might be one of them. Please apply a mild steroid cream once daily for 7 days. You will be relieved. Take some anti histamine tablet also. Worrying can aggravate any disease process, I appreciate that you are relaxed. Hope you get well soon. Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you