Ask a Dentist   »  

Have strange cut at the junction of hard and soft palate. No pain or redness. Any treatment?

ENT Specialist
Question
From when i was jung i have like strange cuts near juncion of hard palate and soft palate...but now i noticed that i have like groove line or cut line on right side ...its not red or bleading or anitinh that hurts but it like i cut my selfe and it healed but the line is still wisible
its more like two cuts on right side as you can see there are no red or white paches and if i feel my left side i can feel litle cuts to on the left maybe...
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later
Hello
I have gone through your query regarding a groove line at the junction of hard and soft palate where you have made a cut at a younger age.
As you said neither it is red nor does it hurt, this indicates it is healing defect because at the junction of hard and soft palate there remains little bit tension therefore as you made incision the cut surfaces move apart. If at that time good stitching was done, then this problem wouldnt hve arisen.
I think it will not disturb you in swallowing and speaking etc. so you can leave it as such.

With Regards.

Follow-up: Have strange cut at the junction of hard and soft palate. No pain or redness. Any treatment? 18 minutes later
hi thank for response. I dont know if this was done when i was young but i remember that i had this for a long time ...but now i have noticed tht is more apperent that before...so im affraid that this is something else ...cancer maybe is my only worrie..

Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 4 hours later
Hello
Thanks for writing back.
After considering all possible aspects I am assuring you to forget thinking that it can be cancerous because it does not have any symptoms of cancer. Even if you want to confirm it than please go for scrap cytology test from this groove that will disclose this fact and you will be free from worry.

With Regards.

Follow-up: Have strange cut at the junction of hard and soft palate. No pain or redness. Any treatment? 20 hours later
Tanks
so you think its a healing defect? is this going to grow more becouse is not stiched?

Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 3 hours later
Hello
Thanks for writing back.
Of course the groove you identified at the junction of hard and soft palate is a healing defect because wound healed on itself without any stitching support. Now it will remain as such because there is no tension on groove line. So don't worry and just relax.

With Regards.