Have strained muscle at lower back from back injury, painful to walk. Can cortison injection help?

I have a strained muscle in my lower back from a back insury and strong pain in the morning very painful to walk, eventually it goes away , 2-3 houres ,,been going to the chiro for 3 month has not helpt much. Would a cortison injection help. Thank you XXXXXXX Kleinheinz
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cortison injections,consult rheumatologist,high BP Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Cortison injection can be given under strict medical attention based on the medical data of the patient. In such cases as yours, I usually recommend my patients to use some simple home remedies as following: - put warm clothing to the affected area. It would help relieving the muscular spasms. - can massage the affected area with olive oil or by using the OTC local pain killer creams. - try to do light exercises for as much as the pain allows. - I usually prescribe oral pain killers At the end, I strongly suggest to consult rheumatologist first before deciding for cortison injection as you are having slightly high blood pressure. Cortison injections could raise BP more. Hope it answered to your inquiry! If you have more questions, feel free to write them back at follow up. I'd be happy to assist you further! Dr.Sejdini