Have stopped taking Seroquel and experiencing itching ,low blood pressure, memory problem. Normal?

Dec 2014

I have stoped taking Seroquel for 6 weeks now and am experiencing itching ,low blood preasure, memery problems is that nomal. XXXXXXX C
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, they are most likely not due to withdrawal

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Seroquel or qutiapine is a second generation antipsychotic drug. You have stopped taking the drug for 6 month now so there are very little chances of withdrawal symptoms. If you are having memory problems then most likely they are due to symptoms due to psychological process. Please provide me some more details about your symptoms so that I can answer you on more detail.

Follow-up: Have stopped taking Seroquel and experiencing itching ,low blood pressure, memory problem. Normal? 4 hours later
I have only been off Seroquel for 6 weeks I was only taking it for sleep. I was taking 1000 mg a day. Tapered down over 2 months. am now experiencing low blood pressure, light chest pain ,fatigue, memory loss. The endocrinologist thinks it may have caused heart problems. XXXXXXX C
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Abnormal lipid levels

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Qutiapine has potential to cause metabolic abnormalities. It may cause dyslipidemia and may precipitate heart problems at high doses. Usual doses of qutiapine are 200-400 mg per day and you were taking at doses 1000 mg per day which is very high dose. It may be a reason for cognitive decline.