Have stone in upper ureter. Discomfort while passing urine and pain in penis. Proper treatment?

Jul 2016

Hello Doctor,
I had severe pain in my lower abdomen (LHS) couple of months back and I had to rush to the hospital and they found out a 4mm stone in my upper Ureter by ulttasound.
And I started drinking around 3 litres of water from then and was feeling fine so far.
But from last couple of weeks I am feeling discomfort while passing Urine (slight pain at the tip). From the last 2-3 days it has got increased and having frequent urge to urinate but it doesn't pass with full flow and sometimes it comes in few drops only with pain at the end.
Is this urinary problem because of this stone? Will it be possible for you to provide some medication or suggest some tests.

Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 41 hours later
Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have stone in upper Ureter detected on Ultrasound scanning.

Now you are getting pain at the tip of your penis and urge to pass urine frequently.
This indicates that the stone has passed down and got impacted at Uretero Vesical ( the junction of the bladder and the ureter) Junction.This can be confirmed only on Ultrasound Scanning (USG) .Please get your USG done at earliest.
Please consult a qualified Urologist with report .You may need to undergo an endoscopic procedure called as Uretero renoscopy with fragmentation of stone to decompress your renal unit. Else, you can be treated conservatively (with medication). The decision about mode of the treatment will be taken by a Urologist only.
Hope I have answered your query.Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I shall be happy to help you.