Have stone and cancer in gall bladder, spreading to other parts. Treatment?

Hi Doctor,

I am AAAA kaur from New Delhi . I have a query that my grand mother have a stone & cancer in gallbladder and this cancer also affects on other parts. kindly let me know the treatment of this cancer. she has a cancer from last two years.

Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 44 minutes later
Gallbladder cancer is an aggressive disease and carries extremely poor prognosis. Tumors are usually asymptomatic until they reach an advanced stage. Hence, most patients present with extensive disease. Overall survival rate is about 5% and median survival is 6 months.

There is no effective therapy for vast majority of patients with gallbladder cancer who present with either locally advanced or metastatic disease.
It looks that your grandmother is having a unresectable gall bladder cancer.
In such inoperable cases chemotherapy and radiotherapy are the only choice of treatment.
In the absence of any other input from you,I can't tell any thing more on this issue.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
If you don't have any other question to ask,you may please rate my answer and close this query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Have stone and cancer in gall bladder, spreading to other parts. Treatment? 1 hour later
Hi Doctor,

There is any other treatment.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 19 minutes later
In our allopathic system of modern medicine there are only three types of treatment
Available.They are surgery,chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
Very sorry to say there is no other treatment for such types of advanced cancer with metastasis,besides these three possible treatments.