Have stomach pain and nausea. What to do?

General Surgeon
I have stomach pain and nausea.What do you recommend I do?
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Peptic ulcer.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Upper middle abdominal pain (if that is what you mean stomach pain) and nausea are usually caused by peptic ulcer. Pain usually appears after a meal. Chest burning can be also present.
If the pain is located in the upper right abdomen and radiates to the back, gallstones are also possible. This kind of pain can be triggered by fatty foods or alcohol.

You should visit your doctor and have abdominal ultrasound and blood work done first. If this tests will be negative, gastroscopy should be next.

In a meanwhile please avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, coffee and alcohol.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Have stomach pain and nausea. What to do? 1 hour later
it hurts after I eat or drink.What kind of medication can I take to cure or alleviate the pain.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Omeprasole 40 mg

Detailed Answer:
You may try Omeprasole 40 mg once a day. But the stomach pain wont go away quickly. The wound of the stomach (ulcer) needs some time to get healed.