Have stomach flu. How to get relief from bitter taste in mouth and foul smelly urine?

Hello, and thanks. I had the stomach flu for five days two weeks ago. My stomach had been causing me some discomfort for some time prior to the flu episode. Immediately after the flu, I noticed a bitter taste in my mouth that hasn't gone away, as well as a strong smell to my urine. I have been flushing out my sinuses with NeilMed and rinsing my mouth with peroxide/water, which has alleviated the bitterness somewhat. I don't seem to have symptoms of an infection, although I do feel fun down and tired. I rarely run a temperature, and don't have one now. What do you suggest?
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 21 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
There is absolutely no reason to panic.
This usually happens after a bad attack of flu and problems of acidity and reflux.
Rinse your mouth with a chlorhexidine mouthwash after meals.
Take an omeprazole capsule once daily before breakfast for 10 days.
Take adequate rest and plenty of fluids,
A short course of Vitamins and antioxidants should help.
I hope you are not on any chronic medications.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.