Have stomach ache and diarreah. Noticed small red fleshy stools. Remedy?

I have stomach ache since waking today.

Diarreah all morning. Nothing left but still have horrible stomach ache and only this small red fleshy stool come out (small looks like a chewed cherry tomatoes) - sorry for the bad description but its the only way I can describe it.

I'm 42/male and in general decent health
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stool examination and doctor visit required

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I can understand you are concerned for your health, which is why I shall try my best to provide as much information as possible.

As you have no prior medical history (especially no gastrointestinal conditions), following are the possibilities for your presentation:
-Diverticulitis (especially due to the presence of abdominal pain and diarrhea; the flesh-colored stool could be blood clots, but this will have to be confirmed, taking into consideration your medical history)
-Intestinal conditions: inflammatory bowel disease, intestinal parasites, etc.
-Consumption of food or drinks containing a red XXXXXXX (eg. energy drinks, flavored drinks, slushies, candies, syrups; fruits like watermelon, tomatoes; vegetables like beetroot, , etc.) that were recently consumed

To confirm whether the red fleshy stool does indeed contain blood, you might have to get your stool analysed sir. For this I would request you to report to a doctor at the earliest, as if this is indeed blood, then you are losing blood and can become anemic. The doctor will also help relieve your pain to make you comfortable.

I hope this information helps you sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. God bless.