Have stiff neck and what feels like swollen lymph nodes. Suggest?

Question
hello I have a very stiff neck and what feels like swollen lymph nodes. here is a pic of them. is that what it is
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, FNAC is required.

Detailed Answer:

The image doesn't not show evidence of a swollen lymph node. Only a hand on physical examination would help to assess the lymph nodes.

Do consult a GP and get examined to confirm the presence of the nodes. The swollen nodes may have to be further investigated with FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology). In here a small amount of the tissue is drawn via a needle and examined under a microscope. This test will give a clear idea into the cause of the swollen lymph node.

Hope, I answered your query.

regards,

Follow-up: Have stiff neck and what feels like swollen lymph nodes. Suggest? 3 hours later
in the pic I sent you. are the small white circles not swollen lymph nodes?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lymph nodes have to be felt

Detailed Answer:

Lymph nodes can never be made on inspection careful hand on examination is must to identify one.

Do get examined by a doctor to confirm the same.

The image do not give a clue into the presence of a swollen node.

regards,