Have stent placed. Will it be safe to use sauna?

I want to buy a sauna spa/ozone...I have a stent...Would this be safe for me?this is a ozone/sauna hyperthermic chamber...a spa with a ozone generator...I had a stent about 6 years ago...have not had any more problems..I have 40% blockage in another arthery and 50% in another one...when I was checkedf one year ago..My heart doctor told me that there were less blockages now than 6 years ago...the ozone sauna gets hot, would that effect the stent that I have?
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Ozone/sauna hyperthermic chamber has some merits for cardiac patient.

But it causes excessive fall of blood pressure due to excessive sweating.

It also circulates most of the blood to skin, away from the vital organ like brain, heart etc. So it may compromise the cardiac function.

You can use this for a minimum period but not prolonged period.

Consult your doctor regarding this.