Have staphylococcus epidermibis. Taking cirofloxacin. Coughing mucus and vomiting. Suggestions

I have been told by my doctor I have staphylococcus epidermibis and pseubomonas putida the doycyline hyclate and cirofloxacin is not working clearing it up what else can my doctor give me to clear it up. coughing up musus all the time sometimes throwing it up.
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 5 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic
You have posted this query in skin, hair and nails. I wanted to know whether these organisms are grown on the skin or sputum ?
Your doctor would have already done sputum/pus culture and sensitivity, that is how the organism is identified. The report will also give which antibiotic the organism will be sensitive to. So naturally your doctor would have prescribed the right medicines, that is doxycycline and ciprofloxacin.

Hope I answered your query.
I will be happy to answer any further queries you have
Wish you good health