Have staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome. Should I take tetralysal, cravit or clarithromycin?

Hi, can I ask which of the following antibiotics is/are good to cure staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome? Many thanks indeed.Sorry, I have forgotten to mention the names of the antibiotics, which are:
tetralysal 300mg or/and
cravit 250mg or/and
clarithromycin 250mg
or a combination of 3 together
Regards, XXXXXX
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

If it is localized staphylococcal scaled skin syndrome (SSSS), also called impetigo you can try simple oral penicillins.

Nevertheless any staph infection should first be treated by penicillin group of antibiotics unless allergic to. E.g: Naficillin, Flucloxacillin by mouth. In your options I do not see any penicillin group. However if the person is allergic to penicillin you can choose macrolide group for e.g clarithromycin is the best fit. The dose of 250mg is not the best fit.

There is no need for combination therapy unless the person developed resistance to the other groups or the culture showed no sensitive antibiotic.

Hope this helps.