Ask a Dentist   »  

Have stains on my teeth, go for scaling in a regular basis. Due to smoking?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
I have strains on my teeth, both front and back side of those. I go for a scaling every three months. I get these strains after two or three weeks.. I smoke minimum of 5 cigarettes a day.. Please suggest some tips to maintain teeth in white color, atleast front side...
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 2 hours later
Thank you for the query. QUIT the tobacco habit is the simplest and easiest tip to avoid the stains and to maintain the teeth in white in colour. Wherever there is smoke stains precipitate. You can try tooth whitening tooth paste [has limitation because of the habit].

Hope this answers your query.