Have stage 3b cervical squamous cell carcinoma. Hysterectomy done. Pap done. Found cystitis. Concerned

I was diagnosed with stage 3b cervical squamous cell carcinoma in 2009. Had total radical hysterectomy and 6 chemo treatments and radiation 5 times a week for 5 weeks, 3 high doses of XXXXXXX beam radiation. After that check ups and paps were normal for about 2 yrs.. Since May of 2012 paps have been coming back ASCUS. This last pap was the 4th one to come back like that. My oncologist sent my results and it says pap was ASCUS and showed fairly signifigant cystitis. She also found a 1cm tubular mass on the inner left side of my right breast. I have to go in in a couple weeks for scans and diagnostic ultrasound and imaging.. When she did my pap she said I had a blood blister, which I'm assuming is cystitis. Every pap is very sensitive and irritated n red.. So my question is, should I be concerned about this? I've been doing research and everything I have read doesn't sound good. So what do you think?
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
A past history of Cervical Squamous Cell Carcinoma and hysterectomy is a major consideration that should be taken into consideration in addressing your concern.
Sensitive paps on this past history should be suggestive of a spread (metastasis) of this tumour.
My suggestion is meeting your oncologist for a proper reevaluation, carrying out on bladder integrity, and if its that its an issue of metastasis, starting early required therapy. Its not always certain that it should the spread of the cancer, but this is the most common consideration that must be excluded. Especially because, an early identification shall lead to the adoption of an appropriate management plan early enough to avoid late complications.
Thanks and hope this helps.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.