Have squeezing sensation in half part of brain. What could be causing this?

I have like a squeezing sensation in the left part of my brain (sometimes in the bottom right and left around the stem). And the squeezing sensation happens (not really pain, it's not pleasant, but it feels more like someone has wrapped a band around my brain and then taken it off) and then goes away...and then comes back, and goes away and this happens throughout the day and has been occuring for about a month.
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 27 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I have noted your problem and your concern.

With the information that you have provided, I feel that there is a possibility of tension headache in you. If you do not have other symptoms during the heaviness of head (like vomiting, nausea, pain the eyes, tearing of eyes, weakness of one side, loss of memory etc, you do not have to worry at all. As the chance of having a serious neurological disease is unlikely in your case, I advise you to stay relaxed and practice regular sleep and food habits. A short course of medications like amitryptiline may help you. If it persists despite that you can consult a local neurologist.

I hope that I have clarified your query.

Please get back to me in case you have any other concern.

Best wishes,