Have spotting before expected period followed by white discharge, no abdominal cramps. Advise?

I had missed my periods since one week. But I have been having some spotting a couple of days before the expected periods date. On the first two days it was some blood which was later followed by a white discharge for 5-6 days and then again a brown/light brown coloured discharge. I do not have any abdominal cramps. Please let me know if its normal. Should I take a pregnancy test.
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
if you have only had spotting during the expected time of your period, then that doesnt rule out pregnancy. You should first take a pregnancy test. If its negative,then you need to can wait a few weeks and see if your periods come. If you miss your period again,then it needs to be investigated. Blood tests and ultrasound need to be done at such point of time. Hormonal imbalance is the commonest cause for such delays. I suggest that you first take the pregnancy test. If negative, then dont worry. Just wait.