Have spots on inner thigh and waist. Tested negative for STD. Do I have mastocytosis?

I discovered small spots, maybe a quarter inch in size all over my inner thigh and waist. They do not hurt or itch. They are flat to the skin. They are purplish, kind of like a bruise. But, I have not had any trauma to any of the area at all. I can say, I am suspected of having Mastocytosis and do have Dermatographia. however, this looks nothing like my normal rashes. I have been recently test for STDs, and am negative. I have also been tested for Hepititis as I have slightly elevated ALT results. That was negative. Do you have thoughts as to what they could be?
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 20 minutes later
You mentioned, you have been suspected of mastocytosis.
Actually mastocytosis can present in various forms ranging from raised lesions which you usually have, to flat bruise like lesions.
Usually there is itching but not always.
Hence, in my opinion even this bruise like lesion is due to mastocytosis.

Kindly upload a few photographs of the lesion so I can give a closer diagnosis. There is a feature to upload the images by yourself on the right side of this query page. You may want to utilize it.

Intestinal polyps can be associated with pigmentation of skin but bruise like lesions are unlikely.
Let me know if you have further queries.
Thank you
Follow-up: Have spots on inner thigh and waist. Tested negative for STD. Do I have mastocytosis? 47 minutes later
I uploaded some pictures for you. Also, can you suggest what type of Dr to see for the Mastocytosis? I keep being told anything from a Dermatologist, to an Allergist, to Oncologist, and Hematologist. I am at a loss, because no one seems to know where to send me.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for the photographs.
According to me these lesions are of mastocytosis only.
The definitive diagnosis can be done by biopsy.
Please XXXXXXX a dermatologist and request him to do a biopsy. This will give a clear picture and hence a correct line of treatment can be given to you.
Thank you