Ask a Urologist   »  

Have spots on foreskin, no redness or pain. Should I be worried for herpes?

i have 3 circular spots on the peniile shaft and on my foreskin. They seem to be little circles with a light almost clear color center (i am east indian and my penis is tan) and a light noticable border around them. (the inside of the spots simply looks a shade lighter, not red at all though)

What can this be? Is it herpes? It was never blistered up at all. I am uncircumsized and get irritable balanitis symptoms around my foreskin from time to time, perhaps from hard rough masterbation because it started before i had sex.

These spots are not super painful but def irritating. What can this be?! There is no redness and no blisters or any marks anywhere else. I noticed these after vigorous masterbation.

Thank you
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
The lesions described are much more in favour of a skin mycoses or fungal infection. This could be confounded by a skin irritation. Its worth noting too that the uncircumcised males are at a greater risk of having sexually transmitted infections than the circumcised.
Considering the fact that these lesions are itchy, it is also possible that this should be a mycoses, and it will be rare that herpes should be a a cause in this case.
A good physical examination by your family care physician shall easily identify nay of these lesions and treatment.
I suggest you visit your primary care physician, but you need not bother for, for sure its no serious issue.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.