Ask a Urologist   »  

Have spot on penis and reddish bump on penis head after having intercourse. No itching or pain. Help

Psychiatrist
Question
I have a puplelish/blackish bump/crater like spot on my penis shaft that looks like a scab and is starting to worry me. What could that be? Also have a reddish/skin color bump on the edge of the head of the penis that looks like a small brown scab in the center. Both came up over night after having intercourse with my gf but neither itches or hurts. Please help me if you can. Thanks
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 14 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your query in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
From what you have explained it appears that you have developed a sexual transmitted infection most probably a viral infection. You have not stated whether the intercourse was protected or unprotected.
You need to visit your GP or a Dermatologist who can examine the lesion and advice you a couple of tests such as that of herpes, syphylis etc.
Hope I was of help to you
Thanks and regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Follow-up: Have spot on penis and reddish bump on penis head after having intercourse. No itching or pain. Help 2 minutes later
It was unprotected. Do you know if those infections are cureable?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 5 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for the follow up query
Yes most of them are treatable but some like herpes and HIV can only be supresed and cannot be treated completely. No need to panic at this stage as most probably it could be a treatable infection but you need to get investigatee for the same. Also be care to have only protected contacts in future.
Hope it helps.
Wish you good health
Dr. Srikantb Reddy

Im just scared. Ive never had something like this and she says she been tested and was clean but I guess Ill go to the doctor. Thank you for the help

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 minutes later
Hello
Its difficult to beleive anybody about sexual infections.
Its always good to have protected sex.
You do need to get investigated but please dont panic. Most probably it will be cured.
Thanks and regards
Dr XXXXXXX Reddy