Have sporatc tingling. Got all wisdom tooth. Worried about parethesia. Suggest?

really scared about parethesia, I'm 19 and got all wisdom teeth our 6 days ago. I have sporatc tingling. I'm hoping being young my cells will generate and begin to heal my nerve. I'm leaving for college in 3 weeks and I'm afraid I won't be able to handle this............ Its awful
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. I have read it with diligence.

Please relax, there is nothing to be scared about at all. Paresthesia is good, and the sporadic tingling is the sign of healing. The cells will generate and the nerve would heal completely. Absolutely no worries at all.

I am sure you would be able to handle this. Take your medications, and move on. You should be fine in a week.

Get well soon.

Take care of yourself. Good luck.

Follow-up: Have sporatc tingling. Got all wisdom tooth. Worried about parethesia. Suggest? 7 hours later
I can't feel my teeth or chin or lip............ is this just the nerve angry for being disturbed? I read online this kind of thing hardly ever happens
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 21 minutes later

In such a case, where there is complete numbness and lack of tactile sensation of the teeth, chin or lip, you need to get back to your treating doctor at the earliest.

This scenario happens rarely and obviously rarely 6 days after the procedure.

There is a probability that the doctor has damaged one of the nerves. Get it looked into at the earliest.