Have spermatocele. Noticed thick white discharge while in shower. Is this common?

Jul 2016

Was diagnosed with a spermectocele a year and half ago. I am 30 years old. This past week while in the shower had thick white discharge. I don't believe I have an STD due to being married and only being with my wife. The discharge only happened that one time and since then have had discomfort from the spermectocele ever since. Is this common? It's not painful just notice the discomfort.
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Based on the facts that you have posted you have spermatocele since last year and half and getting discomfort since a week.

The discomfort that you have is most likely to be due to tension within spermatocele and the discharge that you noticed may be release of a fluid contents of the spermatocele.

If you are too much embarrassed due to discomfort you may have to get it excised keeping in mind the possibility of spermatocele recurring again and damage to the epididymis during surgery.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and advice regarding further treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Follow-up: Have spermatocele. Noticed thick white discharge while in shower. Is this common? 18 hours later
The tension within the spematocele, is that generally a temporary condition or something that I will have to live with. The discomfort/soreness isn't bad just noticeable. I don't want to have it removed as I am trying to start a family and know with removing it can cause infertility.

Just wondering what caused it to go from unnoticeable for year and a half to now having the discharge followed by being an uncomfortable soreness.

Thanks for follow up.

Spermatocele is like a thin walled balloon containing clear fluid mixed with sperms. The increase in tension in the cyst is a temporary phenomenon and once the contents are released your discomfort will get subsided within a week.

If you do not want to get it operated, you need not worry about it and postpone the surgery. Monitor for increase in size of the cyst by regular follow-ups with your doctor.

Hope this helped. Please close this discussion if you do not have any more concerns.