Have spasms and cramps over entire body, legs, arms and face. Blood test normal. Have pulling in abdomen

I have spasms and cramps over my entire body feet, legs, arms, face any place I move. My doctor has done blood work everything is ok. The cramps are so bad I can’t get off the floor; half of my leg descends (it looks like my leg deflates/shrinks) my abdomen feels like someone is pulling my insides out, the pain in my thighs is almost unbearable. The pain usually goes once is over this time I’m sore.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

All this complications are due to long standing Crohn's disease.

Abdominal pain is due to inflammation of the deeper layers of the bowel.

Apart from the intestines crohn's also affect

1. Joints and causes Arthritis which is causing pain in the arm and foot.

2. Inflammation of the skin causing you cramps.

3. Bone and causes Osteoporosis. The bones become weak and causes muscle laxity and muscle spasms.

4. Inflammation of the gallbladder and bile stones which may cause abdominal pain.

The aim is the keep the inflammation under control.

You need to take the medicines regularly.

Once the inflammation is under control then the symptoms will improve.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.
Follow-up: Have spasms and cramps over entire body, legs, arms and face. Blood test normal. Have pulling in abdomen 1 hour later
This is about cramps and mucle pain not crohns this is not an infection I had blood work. The cramps in my abdominal I can see and feel heat helps there's nothing wrong with my skin, joints are bones. As I said its cramps all over when I move it could be my hand face feet every where
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 16 minutes later

You need to understand the dynamics of the disease.

There are specific lab investigation to show the presence of inflammation

If you do

1. ESR. It will be raised.
2. C reactive protein. It will also be raised.

Your doctor had done all the investigation relevant to your complaints and has not found anything organic.

In this situation we can only conclude that these symptoms are Intestinal and extraintestinal manifestation of Crohn's.

There inflammation is not mentioned in the context of infection.

There the inflammation is to the deeper structure like ulcerative colitis in the intestine.

This will be evident if you do a Colonoscopy and biopsy of the intestinal tissue.

The abdominal cramps may be due to Ulcerative Colitis.

Consult with your doctor in this regard.