Have sores in groin area. Started as open red sores, are moist and have developed around hair follicle. STD?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
hi i have chancher like sores in my groin area located in between my inner thigh and just above my gooch in between the pocket of your nutsack and inner thigh but not on the actual genetalia. they are white they began as open red sores, are moist and have developed arround my hair follicle what is this it doesnt look like any std pictures or anything PLEASE HELP im 17 also male
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Dont worry it is not an STD.
It is appearing like a bacterial infection.

I would like to know the following things.
1. Do you have pain in the lesions ?
2. Is there any swelling or pain in groin ?

kindly answer the above questions, so I can help you better.

Thank you

Follow-up: Have sores in groin area. Started as open red sores, are moist and have developed around hair follicle. STD? 10 hours later
Yes they are very painful there are 2 of them one is significantly larger it is not a itchy pain it's more of a stinging pain like what an open wound feels like due to it being in this awkward area and they are a little bit swelled up and pinkish red around the lesion it is elevated about the size of a dime

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.
Definitely it is bacterial folliculitis.
Please apply a topical antibacterial cream like mupirocine and also take oral antibiotics for 7 days.
You will be relieved. It is not a serious problem.
Just be relaxed.
Thank you