Have soreness in vagina after sex and sometimes its itchy but it feels like burning pain. Suggest?

Question
Hi ive had sex with my partner like normal for about 5 months we both do not have any other partners and are not allergic to anything and ive become really sore in my vagina since the last time we had sex its around the actual hole and at the top part some times its itchybut it feels like a burning pain is there a cure you can help me with ?
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 45 minutes later

It seems like you have got vaginal infection. You can use clotrimazole vaginal pessary and cream. That should help you.

In addition regular bikini wash with intimate wash and steam iron the panty before use is essential. Avoid sex for one week.

The above measures should help you. Do write back if you need any assistance.

Follow-up: Have soreness in vagina after sex and sometimes its itchy but it feels like burning pain. Suggest? 12 hours later
How long does it take for the vaginal tablet to dissolve?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 4 hours later
It depends on the moisture in vagina - normally 12-24 hours. Adding 4 drops of water to the tablet can dissolve it faster.