Ask a Urologist   »  

Have soreness in kidney after lithotripsy procedure. How to cure this?

What does it mean if I have soreness in the kidneys that never really went away since lithotripsy procedure? Not severe soreness but mild to moderate that seems to be greater when my weight goes up? Also had bleeding for many months afterward but that seems to have stopped. (Stones were very big, 5.3 and 17.1). What prompted me to contact you today is that I took a 7 day detox product and had more soreness than usual but it has subsided now. Will not do that again.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to the forum.
The next step would be to do an ultrasound scan to check for any residual stone in the kidneys.
If not, it is most probably related to pain arising from the muscles and small joints of the spine- called lumbo-sacral strain and commonly occurs in overweight persons.
An Orthopedic surgeon would be of help.
The initial treatment would be pain killers and rest. Physiotherapy would be beneficial in the long run.
Best regards