Have soreness around heart area. What should I do to get cure?

I have soreness in/around my heart area. It hurts when I turn right or left. It is some times sore with XXXXXXX breaths. Stretching the chest outward doesn't hurt until afterwards, constricting inwards hurts the most. It hurts more when I am standing. Some uncomfort/soreness when wall is touched. What could it be and what do I need to do?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 13 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It sounds like costochondritis which is inflammation of the cartilage where the ribs interact with the sternum in the center of the chest.
It can result in pain of varying degrees, mild in some persons and so severe in others that it can be associated with shortness of breath.
Costochondritis pain is worse on movement and on palpation of the chest.

It is treated with voltaren.
Rest is also important because the pain and inflammation can be aggravated by movement.

In most persons the symptoms resolve within one to two weeks of medication but in others it may last for a month or more.
In cases where the pain is severe and does not respond to oral medication, an injection may be necessary.

You may want to consider , if possible,visiting your doctor for an assessment and a prescription for some pain medication
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions