Have sore throat with red streaks, pain in ears and hoarse voice. Any treatment?

I have a sore throat with red streaks, pain in the ears and a hoarse voice. I don't have tonsils anymore and don't normally get sore throats. I was exposed to strep about 10 days ago.
Posted Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

It can be sore throat or even strep infection.When your immunity is low you can get sore throat even if you regularly don't get it.

There are two ways to treat this.Either treat it empirically or check for strep first and then start treatment.

Moat cases don't need evaluation for such symptoms.I think few things which you can try are warm salt water gargles,hot soups,steam inhalation, avoid extreme climates, avoid cold food items, antihistaminics(if there is nasal congestion) and a course of antibiotics (if there is fever).

If this fails to help then you will have to get evaluated for strep.

Hope this answers your question.Regards.