Have sore throat with numbness in upper lip. What could be the problem?
User rating for this question
Just a couple of days ago my mouth started feeling like it was coated in something. I attributed this to the fact that maybe I'm getting sick. It's not itchy and there's is no sore throat, it just feels thick. Then last night, it felt like I had something kind of hard, stuck in the back of my throat so I would kind of clear it with no help. This morning, I woke up and the top left portion of my pallet as well as my upper left lip is numb. This numbness travels up into my sinus cavity. My ears feels congested as well, and it takes a good long yawn to try and get them to clear… Any thoughts?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do not delay consult your doctor Detailed Answer: Hello, The feel of thick is itself numbness. And now you have numbness in lip, palate etc. You should consult an ENT specialist and get examined as soon as possible. Secondly you may require a CT scan from base of skull to root of neck to see for any problem. The numbness has grown up very fast so it does not seem to be an Infective condition but your age is 34 yrs. and so first probable diagnosis does not seem to be any cancer. Then there can be a nerve compression or any swelling higher up which is pressing on the nerves. After ruling out any local ie Ear nose and throat disease you may require a Neurologist opinion. Do not delay In doubt do reply.
People also viewed
- Can ashwagandha brahmi combo lead to intense anxiety symptoms
- Took cyclenorm now pregnant will it effect the baby
- Left arm numb sore throat
- Sore throat numb arm
- Numbness in face and sore throat
- Sore throat cough numbness of lips
- Numbness in hands and feet sore throat
- What is the treatment for high blood pressure
- How to soothe an earache
- Water sounds in the ear
- Ticking sound in one ear
- Soft ear wax
- What are the features of benicar hct 20mg125mg
- Walgreens ear wax syringe
- What does band inventory and band space mean