Have sore throat while swallowing. Had tooth extraction. Why am I unable to have ground food?

why do i have a sore throat every time i swallow after had tooth extraction yesturday
why am i not able to eat ground food as well? why only puree? im in so much pain
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is expected to have sore throat

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

Sore throat is an usual complication of tooth extraction, this is because the edema and the inflammation around the extracted tooth spreads to involve your throat as well. Sometimes the bacteria present within an extracted tooth also gets dislodged causing pharyngitis.
You are not able to swallow solid food because of the pain. The inflammation should subside to 2 to 3 days.

Here is what I suggest to you

1. Gargle with XXXXXXX warm water mixed with salt, about 2 tea spoons of salt in 100 ml of water. Three times a day
2. Anti inflammatory agents like Levocetrizine will help to reduce the inflammation faster
3. For the pain you could take Tab aceclofenac, it brings down the pain substantially

However if you develop fever of hoarseness of voice please revisit your doctor immediately for further examination and treatment

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me