Have sore throat, stinging eye, sore skin, pain on bottom of back and head. Medical cure?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
I have a raging sore throat, the bottom of my back hurts (I am prone to kidney infections) my head hurts, and eyes sting, my skin is sore and everything aches
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 26 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

It seems you are having a throat infection mostly due to a Viral infection.

The pains of bottom of back, head, and sore skin, sting eyes are looking like part of this viral illness.

For sore throat you can do salt water gargling twice or thrice daily.

For the aches you can take a simple analgesic like Tylenol (paracetamol) in prescribed dose every 8th hourly depending on their presence.

Take plenty of oral fluids and eat soft, bland diet.

If the symptoms are not improving within 24 to 48 hour consult your Physician for physical examination and appropriate treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have sore throat, stinging eye, sore skin, pain on bottom of back and head. Medical cure? 12 minutes later
Thankyou, so it's not my kidneys as I get that a lot.
And is it catching ?

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 10 minutes later

You are welcome.

And thank you for getting back.

Kidney infections usually present with pain in the flanks (sides of abdomen), cloudy urine, burning urination, and fever.

And with the above complaints if you do complete urine examination, the urine sample will be showing increased pus cells which are suggestive of Throat infections are usually catching means they spread to others by sneezing, coughing, or by contact.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have sore throat, stinging eye, sore skin, pain on bottom of back and head. Medical cure? 15 minutes later
Hello
Thanks again,

So only the throat infection is contagious ?

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 30 minutes later

You are welcome,

And thank you again for getting back.

Yes most of the throat infections caused by viruses or bacteria are contagious by the spread of organism through the air, droplets, and by contact.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please feel free to get back.

If you don't have any doubts you can close the session and I request you to kindly rate my answer to improve myself to answer in a better way in the future.

Wish you speedy recovery.

Regards.