Have sore throat, knee pain and itchy skin. Taking penidure 12 injection. Safe to take penidure 6?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have skin itching problem since 20 years and knee pain since 5 years. After blood evaluation it was found that I have ASO 704 and HB 12.2, high RBC 6.4 ,mean platelet volume 11.5, C reactive protein 0.45. I have a sore throat frequently and per advise I am on penidure 12 injection once in 3 weeks for 6 months. In our place penidure 12 is not available instead penidure 6 is available, should I take penidure 6 once in 10 days?
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query

Penidure 12 means pencillin g 12 lac units . If it not available you can take penidure 6 two vials at a time in 3 weeks duration for 6 months .

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concern.

Dr Saurabh Gupta
Follow-up: Have sore throat, knee pain and itchy skin. Taking penidure 12 injection. Safe to take penidure 6? 24 hours later
I am suffering fro m soar throat for the past 3 weeks despite on penidure injection. Kindly advise.

And have itching on skin since two days which was not there for the past 3 months since I started Penidure. Kindly advise.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 7 hours later
Thanks for posting your query again.

For cure of the infection you have to take full course of antibiotic(penidure) as adviced by your doctor.
Itchy skin most often caused by dry skin (xerosis). Other conditions such as skin disorders, XXXXXXX diseases, allergies and drug reactions can also cause itchy skin.
In your condition it not seems due to drug(penicilin) reaction because it is since two days and was not there for the past 3 months scince you started Penidure.
So I suggest you to get examined by your doctor to find out the cause of itching.

Hope this will help you.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.