Have sore throat, headache, pain in leg and feeling tired. What could be causing this?

Hi, I often feel pain in my legs, like there is a weight on them. I also feel very tired, and often suffer from headaches and often have a sore throat. Are these symptoms related and caused by something in particular? Many thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 13 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX, thanks for asking. Pain in the legs could be related to anemia. Anemia can also cause headaches. It is common in the middle age women to have anemia. Could you tell me if your periods are regular? Do you have any special diet, like vegetarian? Do you use enough vegetable? These are the most common cause of anemia. People who do not use enough vegetables or some other forms are vulnerable not only to anemia, but also to defect in the function of white blood cells and it can cause sore throat.
The other reason for this problem could be some kinds of sleep problems. They can cause headaches that are more in the mornings and also wake up with sore throat.
Let me know about your symptoms more specifically.
I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Have sore throat, headache, pain in leg and feeling tired. What could be causing this? 13 minutes later
Hi, thank you for the reply. Actually, my periods are not regular and last for 5-6 days. I don't have a special diet, I always try to have a balanced meal especially at lunch time. My headaches can happen any time during the day, as for the sore throat, I usually feel it in the morning and it sometimes lasts 2-3 days.
Than you!
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 12 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX, with regard to the points you described, the most probable thing is anemia. If your periods are not regular, you may ask your doctor to send blood sample for assessing the anemia.
Treating anemia (if it so) needs time, so you should take medication for several months and you should not take the medication with tea or coffee, etc.
Let me know about the result of your blood test if your doctor was not available in that day. Even lower normal limit of hemoglobin may cause headache or feeling tired. In some cases doctor decides to ask for iron storage level as well.
Let me know if you have any question.
I wish you a good health.