Have sore throat, endoscopy was normal, used medicine Trachitol. Suggest alternate medicine to it?

General Surgeon
I found the sore throat medicine Trachitol while ill in Amsterdam. Where can I get it in the USA? Or how can I buy it from here? I have a persistent throat issue of many months and looking for relief. Just had an upper endoscopy and found nothing serious.
I have had hours of symptom relief since the procedure and think it might be because they had me gargle with a lidocaine gel.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
First Mouth wash BLM

Detailed Answer:

Trachitol is not available in US. Yes, it contains Lidocaine which might have caused soothening effect. You may try First Mouthwash BLM which is more or less similar medicine. It can relieve the sore throat. You have to consult a doctor before using it.

That being said, I usually treat chronic throat problems with antibiotic like Azithromycin tablet and anti inflammatory medicine along with antihistamine. This is because infections are most likely the cause.

Please consult your doctor and ask for the above medicines.

Mouth gargle with Betadine mouth gargle will help you.

Hope I answered your query.

If you have any questions, I will clarify further.

Wish you speedy recovery