Have sore throat, congestion, low fever and sneezing problem. Started coughing mucus. Treatment?

Jun 2015

possible cold or flui am a 31 year old female who has had a family member who has had a cold. i have a sore throat; congestion; nasal drip; some sneezing and low fever. when i swallow i have clear mucus i have to spit out. Which is worse when i drink. Also when the heat is in in the house my sore throat will hurt more. The sore throat is the most annoying part.
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 21 minutes later

All these symptoms indicate that you might be having upper water to relieve throat pain.
2. Analgesics to take care of pain & fever.
3. Nasal decongestants.
4. Antibiotics depending upon culture & sensitivity(C/S) of the throat swab, to remove the causative organism.
5. Antihistamine preparations can also be used to provide symptomatic relief.

Do consult an ENT specialist who after a proper examination can order a culture and sensitivity test and formulate a specific dosage of antibiotic which cures the infection.

Meanwhile, do follow other remedies mentioned above, avoid taking cold food & drinks, maintain adequate hydration & take soft, non-spicy foods.

Wish you good health & a speedy recovery.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.